On to 2022...

Source

It's the last day of the calendar year 2021. 

A long sermon-like post, on how this year has been, was planned; it now seems highly improbable. Hence this abridged version. 

The year began with all caution toward COVID being thrown to the wind. Everything seemed "normal". Unfortunately, it was just the silence before the huge storm that was to ensue. Even when COVID had begun to rear its ugly head, the celebrations continued. And then it struck. Hard. Words cannot describe the kind of losses people faced. Life went on. Unfortunately, even after the horrid Season 2, caution has again been thrown to the wind. God save us. 

If there's one thing that 2021 has taught me, it is Gratitude. That is the "word of the year' for me, both on the personal and professional front. Lessons have been learnt, some the hard way. Practicing Grace, is the other take away from the year. Everyone has issues, everyone is fighting a battle which we may not know about. Trying to not hurt anyone intentionally, while at the same time, doing and giving my best in what is expected of me, has been my Mantra. Doing things which give me happiness, random acts of kindness have immensely helped, especially at times when things looked uncertain. And the biggest revelation has been what the power of Prayer coupled with a positive approach can do. It can work wonders. I've lost people who meant a lot to me. Facing these losses was quite hard. Prayer is the only thing that helped during all such uncertain times. 

Here's to the year gone by. To the collective resilience. To stepping into 2022 with Hope. 

To 2021.

On a satirical note, I wonder what they'll do once they run out of Greek alphabets to name the various versions of the Virus with a Crown. 

Comments