To The Boy Who Lived


Today is 31st of July, the day on which the boy who lived was born. Just a few days ago, on the 26th of June , the world celebrated 21 years of being introduced to the Magical world of Diagon Alley, Hogwarts and Hogsmeade. 

I first read HP in high school, and I was drawn to the books ever since. It truly feels like a spell is cast over anyone who reads the book, because that's what I've observed so far. And non readers, whom I prefer to call Muggles, will always have that what's-so-great-about-people-flying-on-broomsticks type of lame questions!

The love for anything connected to this Magical world started the moment I first began to read the series. And it's only strengthened over time. I remember waiting in line for the seventh book to be released one early rainy morning. And I also remember shutting myself from the external world to avoid spoilers, and finishing it within a day. I remember shedding a few tears when Prof Snape died. I remember the countless arguments with those who only saw the movies without reading the books, on how much they were missing out on. Sweet memories, those.

I now teach University students, and many a times, my students are quite surprised to know that I'm a Potterhead, just like them. I know I have even been nicknamed, the Harry Potter Maám! And when they do ask me if I still love the books, I just say, Always.

Happy 38th Harry!


P.S: I have always dreamt of meeting Mrs. Rowling someday, as surely as every Potterhead would have. I don't know if that will ever happen. The closest I got to was "meeting" her virtually, when she "liked" a tweet that I had sent her. I'm not a fan of "likes" at all, but this single "like" truly meant the world to me. See the TWEET here.

Are you a fellow Potterhead as well? Tell me why you love the Magic so much!

Comments

Post a Comment

Would you like to share your thoughts?